Kid's Parties R Us!
I can't believe it's been over a week since my last post - where does the time go? Despite the snow I managed to get to City and Guilds last week, where we did colour mixing with stitch - and not much homework to do because I finished most of it in class! In the evening I went to the Knit and Wine (or should that be Whine?) at a local pub in the town. We nearly got mixed up with the Reptile group who meet in the same pub on the same night. I must admit I was a bit anxious, and thoroughly checked my knitting bag for poisonous snakes when I got home. Anyway, the knitters seemed a nice group and we will go again next month, although I may go prepared with snake venom antidote, just to be on the safe side.
This week I've had my student nurse niece to stay for a few days (not connected with the previous paragraph - she hasn't covered snake bites yet) which was lovely, and we made earrings, and shopped and watched countless episodes of Friends. Oh, and she did lots of studying too, obviously.
Today I ran a birthday party for five 8 year old girls - I had pledged it in a fundraising Auction at our local cricket club. We did Silk painting and jewellery making. Here are the silk paintings they did, which I think turned out brilliantly




and two of the memory wire bracelets - I forgot about photographing them until most of them had gone home. Anyway, they all seemed to enjoy it, and I did too.
Oh, and just for a change, the Mighty O's beat Crewe 1-0 yesterday! Not that anyone is interested, but I thought it was important to mention their victory as well as their failures.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home